Wednesday 4 June 2014

Carving and Embossing on residency Day 4

As any of you who have tried it is extremely difficult to get a good photo of an blind embossment.  Try as you might to keep it white colour will try to creep in.  Anyway, while I try and work out the right settings on my camera and get the right light to do so here is reasonable image of the promised embossment 'printed' from the woodcut below.

This print was executed with a scrubbing brush.  Great way to alleviate frustration bang bang bang.   It is quite different from the one that was printed using the press...which I just can't seem to get a photo of...will post when I have success.

Anyway following on from this I am working with another woodcut along the lines (pun intended) of this one above and then upon delivery of some more wood I will be working with some of these images.





No comments: