Friday 6 June 2014

Day 6 or is it 7?

IOK, getting in the groove now.

I recently found my gorgeous little book about the wonderful Shiko Munakata who made the most exquisite woodcuts.  He kind of makes me think he is the Henri Cartier Bresson of woodcut, the gorgeous contrasts of black and white.  I'm very drawn to the use of pattern by Munakata.


I'm going to do my next woodcut in the Munakata manner......

Work in progress ....today I have been printing more from the beach spirit block, having a few problems drying the prints the waves within the image are recreating themselves in the paper....

I am excited about the one below.....the embossment was done on a layer already printed with the diffused method when I was printing with Aine in Dumfries.  The darker blue shapes remind me of the gulls yesterday flying in formation with the sunlight catching their bodies.




No comments: